Aug 27, 2008

A Day in the Life of Addie



Addie is a busy girl. Especially for a 6 month old puppy!

5:45 a.m.
Wake up Mom. "We slept in today!"
Mad dash to the back door to go outside "Hold it, hold it, hold it, wait for the security system to be turned off, hold it, wait for light to be turned on, hold it..."

6:15 a.m.
Eat Breakfast
Addie doesn't like to eat her meals alone, it's a family affair. "So hungry, yummy!"

6:30 a.m.
Back outside

6:45 a.m.
Patiently wait while Mom gets ready for work. "Bark at Zoe, Bark at Zoe, Bark at Zoe, run around the house, destroy a roll of toilet paper, Bark at Zoe"

7:30 a.m.
Fun car ride to doggie day care. "I wear my red doggles and seat belt. I love to look at the people in other cars at stop lights! I make them laugh."

7:40 a.m.
Have the best day ever at doggie day care! "I play all day long with all of my friends. I LOVE everyone and LOVE when people pet me!"

5:30 p.m.
Ride home in the car. "I wear my red doggles and seat belt, but I'm too tired to do anything but lay down and relax, so I can get my second wind."

5:40 p.m.
Eat dinner. "BORING!"

6:00 p.m.
Play, play, play. Remove all water from water bowl. "I can see that dog at the bottom of the bowl, but he never gets out when the water is all gone." Drink water from floor because there is no water left in bowl.

7:00 p.m.
Obedience training. "See, I am a good dog. I can sit and heel and stay."

7:20 p.m.
"Run, run, inside the house, destroy another roll of toilet paper that I found, run, run, outside the house, run, run."

8:00 p.m.
Take a quick nap. "So tired, can't keep eyes open!" zzzzzz

8:15 p.m.
There is a banging on the back door. Someone is breaking in! "Ginormous barks, all the hair on my back stands up, growling, more big dog barks! Wait a minute. That's my Dad. WHAT IS HE DOING SCARING ME LIKE THAT!!! He seems pretty happy that I got all worked up. What's wrong with him?!"

8:20 p.m.
"Run, run, run. Run with my toy, run without my toy. Run with my toy, run without my toy."

9:28 p.m.
She's sound asleep on the kitchen floor. Finally.

9 comments:

  1. What a busy pup you are Addie! I'm sooo exhausted just from reading your whole schedule...hehehe!

    Butt wiggles,
    Solid Gold Dancer

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure is very busy, Addie! I liked your post, so I can know you a little more.

    woof
    Thor

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Addie
    Pleased to meet you! My goodness I think you are going to be one big pupster when you grow up, you have such long legs already. I must say I approve of your coloring which just happens to be similar to my own :)That is one busy day for a young un.....ahhh the energy of youth. Is your mom going to work with you in herding skills?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Addie

    You live a busy life. I wish we had doggy daycare here. I just stay home with the cats, while mom is at work

    Love Ruby

    PS. I was the one who deleted the comments, I'm still getting used to blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like such a happy life! And think of how many people and dogs are happier for knowing you--including us in the blogosphere :)

    love & wags,
    River

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun days, we both went through the pinching the toilet roll phase. We have had it running down the stairs and all over the landing a few times. hehe.

    Woofs,
    Holly & Zac

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Addie,

    Dad always liked the Ft Worth area. Especially visiting Traders Village in Grand Prarie. He lived four years in North Dakota, so he knows cold too.

    As for us Collies, we've made several trips between Key West and Northern Ohio.

    You sure sound like a great puppy. But we are trying to figure one thing out. Are you a Great Collie or a Border Pyrenees?

    Dog Speed,

    Essex & Deacon

    ReplyDelete

WOOF!
We would love to hear from you!