Sep 19, 2008

I was a Bad Dog: The Death of Zoe's Favorite Pillow

A picture says a thousand words...






But the video says everything...



Why did I do it? Who can tell.

I went to doggie daycare on Thursday, but for some reason I couldn't sleep that night. Mom stayed up with me while I ran around and destroyed a few of my toys. You can see parts of those in the video too. By 6:30 a.m. she was real tired and took her eyes off of me for about 5 minutes. That's when I found Zoe's pillow. It is typically kept out of my reach because they know I would love to get my paws on it. It didn't take much to break the pillow and then I had some fun!

Do I regret what I did? No, I don't. I have been patiently waiting for the opportunity to destroy that pillow.



The consequences.
It took Mom an hour to vacuum up those tiny little beads that stuck to absolutely everything. They are still around and probably will be for a long time.

My little stunt also ended up with a trip to the Vet for me. See, I got them in my eyes. Mom tried to get them all out, but she needed additional help. I got my eyes flushed... not pleasant. My wonderful Vet said my eyes looked fine. No damage done.

When I got home from doggie daycare, I presented my final surprise. See, Mom hadn't even thought that I probably ate some of them. Well, she realized this when she was cleaning up the yard this evening. LOL

I was told that Zoe would use that pillow when she takes a nap in the living room. She has been using it for many years. She's not going to be happy when she finds out.

Take it from me. Don't tear open a squishy pillow. It will get you into a lot of trouble!
Kisses
Addie

14 comments:

  1. Oooooooooh Addie!!!
    Midnight had some surprises for me this morning as well...but to keep her image intact, I have kept quiet about it..!! I wil tell you that she figured out how to open the peanut butter jar!

    *Sigh*
    Erin and Midnight -who is laying low today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did a great and thorough job! Congratulations!

    love & wags,
    River

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't ya just love watching all that stuffing flying around?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. we love those drops too !
    issit possible for us to link you ? :D
    Loves ,
    we sure await to look @ Cody when his a grown up .
    But puppy time are much shorter than adult .

    ReplyDelete
  5. We would love it if you would link to us. Thank you!
    Kisses
    Addie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Indeed a fun but tiring day for Cody ! You should try swimming one day pup ! Starting it look scary , but slowly , you will adapt it (: But always remember , safety comes first (:

    Lots of Loves

    ReplyDelete
  7. BARK!!! Mommy got some good pictures of when I cleared our their fridge one day. It is fun to play when everyone is gone. BARK! Sasha the Princess!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what a night Addie.

    You made a large & thorough mess. I hope you had tons of fun. Poor Zoe.


    Love Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Dear, you did make a mess Addie. Our person had to clean up a toy once that we shredded all up the stairs and in the hallway. We did have fun though shredding it. hehe
    Glad that you are okay though, that eye wash at the vets sounds nasty.

    Woofs,
    Holly & Zac

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my Addie.. I'd like to see poor Zoe's face when she realizes her pillow has gone to heaven. Your going to give her gray hairs! *sigh*,, well at least if your going to do something, you do it right! Puppy Power!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What did you do Addie? That was one magnificent mess but poor Zoe when she finds out.

    Loved the video. You were a picture of innocence, for sure!! Ha ha.

    Can I link up to you?

    xox
    Chef

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's nice to meet you Chef! You sure can link to me.
    I look forward to seeing you around!
    Kisses
    Addie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woof Addie

    Yikes!!! Those squishy pillows are dangerous. Just stick to couch cushions, they're always fun to chew on. Glad you're ok.

    Desert Pups

    ReplyDelete
  14. Reminds me of Chelsea,shes a pillow shredding addict....ah non regrets

    ReplyDelete

WOOF!
We would love to hear from you!