Jun 10, 2012

Just One Day and a Pet Adoption Event


Tomorrow is the Just One Day event! Fort Worth Animal Care and Control is participating by suspending euthanasia. In an effort to help find more homes for more dogs and cats, I obtained the support of my employer to host on-site pet adoptions on June 15th at our 1617 West Seventh Street EECU location. Please stop by if you are in the area. I would LOVE to meet you!

For those of you that are keeping track of the Just One Day website pledge list, you will not find FWACC on the list. I was told that they were not able to take the pledge because it would have had to been approved by the Fort Worth City Council and that there was not enough time to present it to them. I believe that their willingness to suspend euthanasia for June 11 shows that they do care about the no-kill movement.

I would like to extend my sincere thanks to Mayor Betsy Price. It is due to her support that participation in this event came to fruition. 


1 comment:

  1. That is PAWSOME news!!! Hope you found lots of pawrents for many furbabies!!!

    ReplyDelete

WOOF!
We would love to hear from you!