Dec 12, 2014

Hailey had a seizure.

Seizures are terrifying. I learned this first hand with Hailey. 

We had gone to bed and Hailey was fine. All of a sudden she acted like she was going to throw up. I placed her on the floor just before she vomited. After that she started running and ran directly into our dresser as if she didn't see it. I scooped her up and took her downstairs where my husband was watching TV. Hailey's eyes got real big and she couldn't see. She kept swinging her head back and forth. Then she threw up again. Addie was beside herself in fear over Hailey's health, worried out of her mind.

I scooped her up again and we were off to the emergency vet. As I carried Hailey to the car, she went limp in my arms. I was terrified that we were going to loose her. My husband got us to the emergency vet quickly. I juggled Hailey as she threw up again during the journey. 

Metro West Emergency Veterinary Center is the best! They took us back immediately for the vet tech to examine her. As we were waiting for the Vet to come in, Hailey started to come around. By the time he came in about 10 minutes later, she was nearly back to normal. We were stunned that she had experienced a seizure. I had no idea that seizures were common within the Dachshund breed. Hopefully this will only be a one time occurrence.

Hailey's new nickname: Bubbles

Our comic relief after we knew she was ok. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

WOOF!
We would love to hear from you!