Mar 9, 2017

Shady Dog Soap


It has been a while since we have been blogging. I have just caught up our blog on most of our happy times in 2016. I was living the rule of three. I'll fill you in on two of them. First I was unexpectedly laid off from my job of 14.5 years in August 2015. The worst of the three was losing my mom to dementia in January 2016. She was an amazing mom that I adored with all my heart. I feel her loss every day.

I was in shock and lost after losing her. My husband had started a new hobby making all natural soap. One day he showed me how to make a batch and I was hooked. I love everything about making soap. And it's so much fun to design.  After sharing soap with our family and friends and seeing how much they enjoyed it, we decided to open our own soap business. And Shady Dog Soap was born. 

Here is a sample of some of the soaps that I have made. Our soaps are for humans to use. I did my research. Meticulously formulated each recipe, choosing skin loving vegetable based oils for my canvas along with cosmetic grade colorants and clays as my paints. 


My hope is to offer a natural dog shampoo. From all the research that I have done, I have not found a recipe that I would use on my dogs yet. The pH level of a dogs skin is very different than humans which makes it tricky to create a recipe that will benefit them.

I invite you to visit Shady Dog Soap. If you have a special essential oil or fragrance that you would love to see in a soap just let me know. My mom always wanted me to run my own business. Now, that dream is coming true. 

4 comments:

  1. I am so sorry that you lost your mom. I lost mine too this past September and dad passed in October. It's not easy to lose a parent. Huge hugs to you♥
    Your soap is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also sorry that you lost your mom and dad. Losing a parent is a life changing event. Thank you for your kind words, Molly. BIG hugs to you as well <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. That has been a tough time for you, and we are glad you have found something new to be passionate about. We'll look at the page when #1 gets back from Japan. She is totally panic-stricken at the moment...

    Woofs,
    Tommy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your soap is AWESOME!!!!!!! Your mom would be so very proud. <3
    KZK

    ReplyDelete

WOOF!
We would love to hear from you!