May 25, 2021

Back to Our Vet and Edema

 


My girls. I love them so very much!

Yesterday we visited Dr. Johnson since Addie is still having a hard time with her pancreatitis and I believe I'm seeing fluid retention at the tops of Lucie's back legs again. New plan for Addie with a new antibiotic. Our vet did see some fluid retention, I was really wanting to be wrong on this one. If it gets any worse I need to call MedVet.

Well, today Lucie's fluid retention is getting worse so the edema is coming back. I called MedVet today and the tech said to cut her diuretic dosage in half. I had many questions including if Dr. E had any thoughts on why this was happening. I learned quickly that the tech's don't like when you ask a lot of questions. Long story short, I need to follow up with our primary vet. 

I find the edema worrisome but this afternoon the rain magically stopped and the sun came out. We immediately ran out and chased the sun on a lovely walk! Lucie walked through all the puddles which is a favorite and she met a new dog friend, Max. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

WOOF!
We would love to hear from you!