Mar 29, 2024

There is always something else lurking.

 


It's been a little over three weeks since Hailey spent the night in the ER due to those odd seizures. I have made the most of every day with her, even more so. She has been doing great! On Wednesday when I was giving her a piece of her food, I noticed something red in the back of her mouth. She hates when I mess with her mouth so looking into it was difficult. I had my husband take a picture while I held her mouth open. The red area was next to a space where years ago she had a molar removed. My husband said maybe a tooth has abscessed. The odd thing is, she's not in any pain from it. Still eating like she never gets fed. 

We saw Dr. Johnson today and he said based on the look and feel of it, it is a tumor. And he said it is most likely a bad tumor. Even though there is risk, he said it needs to be removed so he can find out exactly what it is. He said he will be in and out in 10 minutes so she will not be under anesthesia long. So she will have it removed.

Since she has started her anti seizure and heart medicine, she has been so much happier. Running around more and just generally happy which I love seeing. Even with everything going on inside of her, she's thriving. All fingers and paws crossed that the tumor is nothing.


I couldn't love my most perfect pup more.



No comments:

Post a Comment

WOOF!
We would love to hear from you!