Feb 17, 2022

Reality Check

 


We have been lucky that Lucie's bad day's have been few and far between since radiation. So when a bad day comes, it hits you in the face like a frying pan. That happened on Friday, Feb 11. I don't believe the issue is her cancer but her lower back, neck and front right leg. These parts have been working overtime to compensate for her bad leg. I started icing her back which she seems to love! I also increased her pain meds (2 tramadol and 1 amantadine @ 3 times a day as instructed by oncologist). She had acupuncture on Tuesday, Feb 15. Usually I see positive results within a few hours but that didn't happen this time. 

The pain med increase is irritating her bowels with some soft poo so our Vet recommended that I remove the extra dose of amantadine and see if that helps which I started on Thursday, Feb 17.


Although she may be walking a little slower, she still enjoys her favorite spots outside. As long as she is happy, we are good.





No comments:

Post a Comment

WOOF!
We would love to hear from you!