May 5, 2021

MedVet

 


We made the drive to MedVet in Dallas after rush hour for our 11am appointment. Due to Covid, they only allow the patient to go inside. It was difficult to not go in with her to comfort her. They said she would be there all afternoon so instead of camping out in the parking lot I decided to head home for a little while. Went to start the FJ and click... click... click. Battery was dead! That makes sense. lol


Ron came to my rescue and scheduled a service to come give me a jump so he could change the battery. Driving back to MedVet in Dallas from Fort Worth at evening rush hour was as good as it sounds. But getting to see my girl made it all worth while. They called me when I was sitting in traffic asking when I would be arriving. When I asked how she was doing they said that she was good. They kept her out with them instead of placing her in a kennel since she has anxiety and said she is sitting here with her paws crossed watching us. That's my girl!

After I arrived, the internist called me before they brought her out. I was ready for something horrible. He did a thorough exam including X-rays and ultra sounds. They even did blood pressure monitoring on all of her legs. He found nothing remarkable on any of the x-rays or ultra sounds that were not pre existing. He couldn't find anything new that could be contributing to her current issues. There was something odd on the blood pressure monitoring. Her left front and back legs were normal but her right front and back legs were about half what they should be. He didn't know what to make of it. 

Now, Lucie has been special all her life. If you would like a refresher on her birth defect have a look at this post.  Since her system is so unique, it's difficult for Vet's to pinpoint what is normal for her. The good thing is that they found nothing new and that her aneurism with blood clot has not changed in size. But it doesn't answer the question of what is wrong with Lucie.

From my layman point of view, Lucie was ok until she started those two new meds and then everything started. But, I'm no vet. The internist will see her on the 18th to monitor her blood pressure on her legs again to see if there is any change. And basically, he's hoping that her issues just resolve on their own. She will do another week of the diuretic and I seriously pray that the edema does not come back once the meds stop.


She was very happy to see me when they brought her out but also a little ticked for what she had been put through all day. I can't blame her at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment

WOOF!
We would love to hear from you!