May 3, 2021

Pancreatitis




On Saturday, May 1, first thing early in the morning Addie was not right. Everything was upset and the little bit of food I gave her with her med she vomited. I took her to The Parc ER. They did blood work and a snap test. The snap test looks kind of like a pregnancy test but shows whether the pancreas is inflamed. They showed me the picture of the test and said, see how dark that blue is? That means her pancreas is really inflamed. They recommended to admit her for IV fluids, anti nausea and antibiotics which I did. 


Saturday was a long and quiet day waiting for them to call and let us know how Addie was doing. Everyone was worried about Addie and the girls just didn't understand where she was. Finally around 6pm I received a call from the Vet that said she was doing well and responding to the treatment. They asked me to bring her thyroid med. When I arrived they asked if I wanted to see her and YES I want to see my girl! 


They had given her a pain med which made her a little loopy but it was so good to see her. I sat with her for a good long while before I headed home to take care of the girls. Sunday morning I received a call early stating that they were transitioning her to pill meds and if she has a good day she will be home later. I got the call around dinner time that Addie was ready to come home! I was so relieved! 


Addie was thrilled to be coming home! It was bad enough the last three weeks dealing with Hailey's back issue and Lucie's existing issue. Add Addie to the mix and my hands were completely full an I was emotionally exhausted. So grateful that we get more time with my girl!






No comments:

Post a Comment

WOOF!
We would love to hear from you!