Mar 3, 2022

Uncle Rico

"You gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come. I'm waiting on the good times now." - Bob Ross

My husband shared this quote with me. I cry every time I read it. Lucie was a big part of our little family and her absence is felt continually each day. I've been keeping busy handcrafting this week. I put funny tv shows or movies on in the back ground to distract my mind. Yesterday I had Napoleon Dynamite on and this scene nailed exactly what grief feels like for me.


You're going through your day, everything is fine, you think yeah, I got this and then BAM grief comes at you hard just like this orange. Girly scream and all. While keeping my hands busy is good, my mind is left with nothing else to do but think. Right now my thoughts are with Lucie.


Hailey is missing Lucie terribly. Since Lucie loved to spend her time outside in the cold weather, Hailey would always run over to her when I would take her out for a visit. Hailey hates cold weather but loves her Lucie.


Each time we go outside now she goes to Lucie's spot and sits. 


Little nurse Hailey was never far from her Lucie. Hailey is getting extra cuddles and attention to help her through. But we are all waiting on the good times to come.




1 comment:

  1. We can imagine how much each and everyone of you misses Lucie. We are sending comforting hugs.

    Woofs,
    Ollie

    ReplyDelete

WOOF!
We would love to hear from you!