Mar 13, 2022

Scratching at the Door


I have been giving the girls extra attention these last three weeks. As each day passes by I feel that the girls are really realizing that Lucie is not coming back. I took Addie for a walk yesterday. It was a lovely walk for us both. As soon as we got in the house, she was scratching on our back door to go outside. She couldn't possibly need to go since she just marked the entire neighborhood. When we went out, Addie trotted over to Lucie's favorite spot in the yard near her shade tree, turned around and looked at me with these big soulful eyes. It completely broke my heart even more. She then sat down.


Ron put up a new bird feeder and just after we sat down a cardinal flew in. He landed on a nearby tree and was staring dead at us, just watching us for the longest time. He then stayed at the bird feeder for nearly a half hour with us, checking all the while to make sure we were still there. When it was close to Addie's dinner time, he flew away. Thank you for the sign my Lucie. We needed it.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment

WOOF!
We would love to hear from you!